It’s been a fantastic summer for Brits on Pole, the motor racing site run by Onlineability’s principals, Andy and Lisa.
Having worked for roughly 18 months to build upb the site, which supports British drivers in all major forms of open-wheel motor racing worldwide, into a respected and popular destination for racing fans we began to see that work pay off – in spectacular fashion.
We’ve been delighted to work with several prestigious international brands and motorsports names on promotional projects including Vodafone’s viral video campaign with McLaren, Shell’s bid to raise the profile of its V-Power fuel through its work with Ferrari and Philips’ competition run with Williams to put a fan in the cockpit of an F1 car.
Andy said: “This summer Brits on Pole has given us opportunities we never dreamed of – including visiting the Ferrari garage and motorhome during the British Grand Prix, getting to interview Williams’ highly-respected technical director Sam Michael and visiting that team’s private museum.
“It’s fantastic to see all the work we’ve put into Brits on Pole paying off as it becomes a respected destination for fans and a site that marketing professionals feel comfortable working with. We have big plans for its future and are looking forward to seeing it grow.”
Here are more details of some of the things we’ve done this summer:
- Behind the scenes at Ferrari during the British Grand Prix
- We were invited by Shell to visit the Ferrari motorhome and garage during this year’s British Grand Prix free practice day to find out how the two companies work together to ensure their top-notchracing success. This included a chance to watch the cars in action on the Silverstone track as well as an invaluable opportunity to meet some of the scientists and technicians
- Goodwood Festival of Speed podcast
- We made our first visit to the iconic British motorsport festival this year, not as press or special guests but as paying customers. We had a great time – and put together our first ever podcast, as a user guide for anyone who wants a taste of what to expect.
- Superleague Formula at Donington Park
- We visited the football-themed racing series, now approaching the halfway point in its second season, as accredited media during its English round at Leicestershire’s Donington Park circuit as well as attending a press day. We were thrilled to watch the powerful V12-powered cars driven by former F1 stars including Enrique Bernoldi and Antonio Pizzonia, as well as GP2 champion Giorgio Pantano.
- Behind the scenes at Williams F1
- Williams F1 – one of the most iconic racing teams ever to compete in motor racing’s top-flight series. Formed in 1977 by Frank Williams and Patrick Head, it is one of only three teams in Formula One to have won 100 races. It has also taken nine constructor’s titles between 1980 and 1997 and seven drivers’ championships. We were invited by its sponsors Philips to get a rare glimpse behind the scenes at the factory and team museum to help promote a competition it was running.
Filed under Events and happenings, Things we've done and tagged with Brits on Pole, Ferrari, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Philips, Shell, Superleague Formula, Williams F1.
Comments: Comments Off on Summer successes for Brits on Pole